- About Us
ICMR sponsored Post M.Ch /DNB Neurosurgery Fellowship in Neurosurgery Skills Training,
Department of Neurosurgery, All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi, India.
● Number of Fellowship - 2 (Two)
● Duration of the Fellowship:
● 6 Months
● Extendable to 12 Months depending upon Deliverable
● High Performing Candidates shall be eligible for 3 Months Post-Doctoral Fellowship in Germany (Prof. Martin Bettag)
● Eligibility - Post M.Ch. / DNB Neurosurgery (3 years/ 6 years)
● Salary - Appointment as Senior Research Officer – Medical (SRO - Medical)
INR 70,000/- per month (inclusive of HRA +EHS facility), as per ICMR guidelines
● Validation of Neurosurgery Skills Training Modules,
● Conduct Neurosurgery Skills Training and Cadaver Dissection Sessions and Neurosurgery Skills Training Workshops,
● Observership / Assistance in Neurosurgery Operation Rooms, Department of Neurosurgery, AIIMS
● Participation in Academic Program of Department of Neurosurgery, AIIMS.
● Publication of papers and atlas related to skills training / neurosurgical procedures.
●Mode of Selection: CV’s shall be screened by a National Advisory Committee (NAC) endorsed by Indian Council of Medical Council (ICMR), (NAC-Consisting of Eminent Neuroscientist from all over India)
The Stereotactic and Functional Neurosurgical Program at the Jaslok Hospital, Mumbai offers a fellowship course in Functional Neurosurgery to post MCh or DNB Neurosurgical candidates.
The fellowship will bear a stipend of Rs. 50000 and would be offered for 1-2 years period.
Interested candidates can apply directly to Dr. Paresh Doshi by email on email@example.com
The WFNS (I) Trust is pleased to announce the availability of 4 fellowships of Rs.7500/- each, to enable neurosurgeons outside India to attend workshops, symposia and conferences in India. The local organisers of these meetings who wish to award these fellowships should provide local hospitality, waive registration fees and arrange visits to local neurosurgical centres. Organizing secretaries wishing to sponsor such neurosurgeons / trainees from outside India may please contact
Dr.A.K.Banerji, Hony. Secretary,
WFNS (I) Trust, A – 3, Sector – 26
NOIDA – 201301
Tel. No. 09871198724
The WFNS (I) Trust has created four fellowships each of the value of Rs.25000/-. This fellowship will be awarded to a neurosurgeon from outside India (with less than 5 years experience) who will be selected to visit centres of excellence in India. The host institution should arrange for appropriate boarding and lodging and provide training opportunities in specialised areas of neurosurgery. Heads of Institution willing to offer this, and interested in being recognized as a center of excellence for this purpose and Neurosurgical Trainees and Junior Neurosurgeons (with less than 5 years of experience) from outside India interested in visiting centres of excellence in India may please write to
WFNS (I) Trust, A – 3, Sector – 26
NOIDA – 201301
Tel. No. 09871198724
A copy should be addressed to:
The application should be forwarded by the Head of the Department and the Secretary of the National Society. The host institution will provide boarding, lodging and training opportunities (4-8 weeks). To meet pocket expenses a fellowship of US$600.00 will be payable to each of the selected fellows. Details of institutions recognized for this purpose can be obtained from the Secretary, WFNS (I) Trust.
"A Comprehensive Spinal Fellowship Course" coordinated by the Departments of Neurosurgery and Orthopedics is available to Neurosurgeons and Orthopedic surgeons The duration is 6 weeks.
Those who are interested, please contact :
Dept. of Neurosurgery, K.E.M.Hospital & Seth G.S.Medical College,
Parel, Mumbai- 400 012.
Tel: 412 9884, 413 6051 Ext. 2001.
Fax: 414 3435.
The Clinical fellowship program is designed to help Asian fellows interested in advanced training in different specialties / sub-specialties within their fields.
Prof Tetsuo Kanno
Fujita Health University
Paras Institute of Neurosciences invites applications for fellowship in Neurosurgery
Eligibility: Recently Completed or pursuing their final year of Mch/DNB Training in Neurosurgery.
Duration: Between 4 weeks to 12 weeks as per the candidate’s convenience. (Round the year)
Emoluments: Rs 20,000/- pm with accommodation for Indian Nationals and Rs 30,000/- pm for Foreign nationals.
The application with resume should be duly forwarded & recommendation by the respective HODs for those who are pursuing their final year of Mch/DNB Training in Neurosurgery.
During this fellowship candidate will have an opportunity to spend one week at NBRC also.
Interested Candidate may apply with their resume to:
There is an opportunity for Young Neurosurgeons who have passed the qualifying examination (M.Ch /DNB) to work in Australia for an year or two. This will expose the new graduates to a new experience which will be useful when they return to India. The salary will be in the region of Aus$ 85000-100,000 (per year) depending on the seniority. There will be an additional A$ 50000 (per year) for overtime and call backs. The applicants are expected to have passed the AMC part 1 and have an IELTS or OETS. The latter is valid for two years. The Australian College of Surgeons does NOT encourage overseas students to join the training scheme to qualify for the Fellowship examination. This is a very recent trend.
Interested applicants please contact: Dr. Vidyasagar Casikar
E- mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
a) Tenure of the fellowship-3 weeks to 3 months.
b) Placement will be at premier institute in India
c) Candidates should be below 40 years and upto 5 years after qualification.
d) He should be a member of NSI at the time of application.
e) Maximum financial support will be offered to the selected candidates.
f) Placement will start from 1st of May, 2012. Please apply to Dr. Deopujari, Dr Banerji and Prof. V. Rajshekhar, Education Cell Conveners.
Apply to Dr. Deopujari, email: email@example.com
1. Number of Fellowship - 2 (Two)
2. Duration of the Fellowship - 3 Months/6 Months
3. Eligibility - Post M.Ch. / DNB Neurosurgery (3 years/ 5 years)
4. Salary - Appointment as Senior Research Officer – Medical (SRO - Medical) INR 62,000/- per month (inclusive of HRA),as per ICMR guidelines.
5. Workflow : - Development of Neurosurgery Skills Training Modules, Conduct Neurosurgery Skills Training and Cadaver Dissection Sessions and Neurosurgery Skills Training Workshops, Observership in Neurosurgery Operation Room, Department of Neurosurgery, AIIMS and Participation in Academic Program of Department of Neurosurgery, AIIMS.
6. Mode of Selection : CV’s shall be screened by a National Advisory Committee (NAC) endorsed by Indian Council of Medical Council (ICMR), (NAC-Consisting of Eminent Neuroscientist from all over India)
Principal Investigator : ICMR Project
Additional Professor, Department of Neurosurgery All India Institute of Medical Sciences, Ansari Nagar New Delhi-110029,India.
Phone No : 01126593538/9811479034
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org,email@example.com
11. Endoskullbase Mumbai fellowshipWe are happy to announce a 6 months to 1 year fellowship for a qualified neurosurgeons based mainly at the Bombay Hospital for endoscopic neurosurgery for the skullbase. Interested candidate can apply to Dr C. E. Deopujari on firstname.lastname@example.org or call on phone number : 022 -22087805 with a short CV for further details.
Fellowship in Pediatric Neurosurgery is available in Mumbai for a period up to 1 year for qualified neurosurgeons. Please write to Dr C. E. Deopujari on email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org
12. NSI fellowship
International Fellowships - Criteria for award
1. Should be a life member of the NSI
2. Age should be less than 45 years of age or 7 years after completing MCh/DNB.
3. Should be an invited speaker or have a platform or poster presentation in a world or
continental conference of neurosciences or should be going for training not
available in India.
4. Have to give an estimated total expenditure with break up and expected sources of
5. Have to apply at least four months prior to the conference or training period.
6. All applications will be pooled and decided by a committee in end March, June,
September and December.
7. The deciding committee would comprise the President, President elect, Secretary &
8. The amount disbursed would be limited to Rs 50,000 or 50% of the airfare –
whichever is less.
9. A total of 2 scholarships will be given every quarter.
10. Before disbursal the candidate has to submit his travel ticket with boarding passes
and an account of all the expenditure and various grants received.
11. A person can get the NSI grant only once in a lifetime.
12. The decision of the committee will be final.
13. Announcement of Pediatric Neurosurgery Fellowship