- About Us
ICMR sponsored Post M.Ch /DNB Neurosurgery Fellowship in Neurosurgery Skills Training,
Department of Neurosurgery, All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi, India.
● Number of Fellowship - 2 (Two)
● Duration of the Fellowship:
● 6 Months
● Extendable to 12 Months depending upon Deliverable
● High Performing Candidates shall be eligible for 3 Months Post-Doctoral Fellowship in Germany (Prof. Martin Bettag)
● Eligibility - Post M.Ch. / DNB Neurosurgery (3 years/ 6 years)
● Salary - Appointment as Senior Research Officer – Medical (SRO - Medical)
INR 70,000/- per month (inclusive of HRA +EHS facility), as per ICMR guidelines
● Validation of Neurosurgery Skills Training Modules,
● Conduct Neurosurgery Skills Training and Cadaver Dissection Sessions and Neurosurgery Skills Training Workshops,
● Observership / Assistance in Neurosurgery Operation Rooms, Department of Neurosurgery, AIIMS
● Participation in Academic Program of Department of Neurosurgery, AIIMS.
● Publication of papers and atlas related to skills training / neurosurgical procedures.
●Mode of Selection: CV’s shall be screened by a National Advisory Committee (NAC) endorsed by Indian Council of Medical Council (ICMR), (NAC-Consisting of Eminent Neuroscientist from all over India)
The Stereotactic and Functional Neurosurgical Program at the Jaslok Hospital, Mumbai offers a fellowship course in Functional Neurosurgery to post MCh or DNB Neurosurgical candidates.
The fellowship will bear a stipend of Rs. 50000 and would be offered for 1-2 years period.
Interested candidates can apply directly to Dr. Paresh Doshi by email on email@example.com
The AASAN Fellowship aims to assist young neurosurgeons from India to visit neurosurgical centers in the US and to attend one of the major national neurosurgical conferences (CNS or AANS). The purpose of this endeavor is to provide these physicians with an exposure to American neurosurgery, to help build bridges of collaboration between the two countries and to facilitate the exchange of knowledge. Award is $2500.
Attach CV and Essay on goals (Please limit to maximum 1 page)
Include : Date of birth, Place of birth, Nationality, College, MedicalSchool, Residency and Subspecialty of interest
Anticipated dates - Meeting to be attended - Institution to visit
Send to : Raj Narayan, MD firstname.lastname@example.org
Web address : http://www.aasan.us
Kimberlee A. Antonetti, Research Coordinator
Childhood Neurosurgery and Center for Hydrocephalus, PA
58 West Michigan Street
Orlando, FL 32806
AASAN AMBASSADOR PROGRAM
| Empowering South Asian Neurosurgeons with Education and Resources www.aasan1.org
More info about the ambassadorship program can be accessed here. Link
The Ambassador program is aimed at funding neurosurgeons from South East Asia for observerships in the United States. The goal of the program is to facilitate the exchange of ideas with the hope that the selected ambassadors can acquire neurosurgical insights that will ultimately benefit their patients.
Applications in all subspecialities of Neurosurgery are encouraged. Applications are due by July 1. Decision of the selection committee will be made by the first week in August.
Please send all application materials directly to Dr. Amin at email@example.com
AASAN AMBASSADOR (For Non US & Canada Residents)
Purpose: To acquire knowledge and clinical skills that will be taken back to home country and institution to improve neurosurgical care. The Ambassador will not have operating or clinical care privileges
Submit applications with all detailsto: firstname.lastname@example.org
1. 1 per year; Applications open to all neurosurgeons (in residency or practice) of one of the AASAN member countries outside of the United States between ages 30-60 years
2. 2-3 month travelling scholarship to spend time as an observer with AASAN member
3. Reimbursement of funds following rotation
1. Maximum Budget: $5,000. Please submit a budget for your proposed expenses as part of your application.
2. Travel to location of clinical rotation : up to $2000
3. Housing and meals : up to $2000
4. Educational Stipend for research and publication : $1000
5. Receipts must be submitted for all expenses to ensure re-imbursement
4. Selection process : Applicants must provide:
1. Proof of neurosurgical training
2. Candidate Statement
3. 2 letters of recommendation
4. Approval from home institution
5. Approval from host institution
6. Documentation of appropriate Visa status
7. Final selection: AASAN Board members by e-mail / conference call, Minimum quorum of 3 members
Applicant notification (Dr. Beejal Amin) ( email@example.com )
8. Requirements for reimbursement of funds
1. One peer reviewed or non-peer reviewed manuscript or chapter
2. Acknowledgement of AASAN Ambassador / Corporate sponsor support (Stryker CMFS)
This activity is supported by an educational grant from STRYKER (CMFS Division). AASAN is a 501C3 designated organization. Tax ID #: 74-3155183
The WFNS (I) Trust is pleased to announce the availability of 4 fellowships of Rs.7500/- each, to enable neurosurgeons outside India to attend workshops, symposia and conferences in India. The local organisers of these meetings who wish to award these fellowships should provide local hospitality, waive registration fees and arrange visits to local neurosurgical centres. Organizing secretaries wishing to sponsor such neurosurgeons / trainees from outside India may please contact
Dr.A.K.Banerji, Hony. Secretary,
WFNS (I) Trust, A – 3, Sector – 26
NOIDA – 201301
Tel. No. 09871198724
The WFNS (I) Trust has created four fellowships each of the value of Rs.25000/-. This fellowship will be awarded to a neurosurgeon from outside India (with less than 5 years experience) who will be selected to visit centres of excellence in India. The host institution should arrange for appropriate boarding and lodging and provide training opportunities in specialised areas of neurosurgery. Heads of Institution willing to offer this, and interested in being recognized as a center of excellence for this purpose and Neurosurgical Trainees and Junior Neurosurgeons (with less than 5 years of experience) from outside India interested in visiting centres of excellence in India may please write to
WFNS (I) Trust, A – 3, Sector – 26
NOIDA – 201301
Tel. No. 09871198724
A copy should be addressed to:
The application should be forwarded by the Head of the Department and the Secretary of the National Society. The host institution will provide boarding, lodging and training opportunities (4-8 weeks). To meet pocket expenses a fellowship of US$600.00 will be payable to each of the selected fellows. Details of institutions recognized for this purpose can be obtained from the Secretary, WFNS (I) Trust.
"A Comprehensive Spinal Fellowship Course" coordinated by the Departments of Neurosurgery and Orthopedics is available to Neurosurgeons and Orthopedic surgeons The duration is 6 weeks.
Those who are interested, please contact :
Dept. of Neurosurgery, K.E.M.Hospital & Seth G.S.Medical College,
Parel, Mumbai- 400 012.
Tel: 412 9884, 413 6051 Ext. 2001.
Fax: 414 3435.
The Clinical fellowship program is designed to help Asian fellows interested in advanced training in different specialties / sub-specialties within their fields.
Prof Tetsuo Kanno
Fujita Health University
Paras Institute of Neurosciences invites applications for fellowship in Neurosurgery
Eligibility: Recently Completed or pursuing their final year of Mch/DNB Training in Neurosurgery.
Duration: Between 4 weeks to 12 weeks as per the candidate’s convenience. (Round the year)
Emoluments: Rs 20,000/- pm with accommodation for Indian Nationals and Rs 30,000/- pm for Foreign nationals.
The application with resume should be duly forwarded & recommendation by the respective HODs for those who are pursuing their final year of Mch/DNB Training in Neurosurgery.
During this fellowship candidate will have an opportunity to spend one week at NBRC also.
Interested Candidate may apply with their resume to:
There is an opportunity for Young Neurosurgeons who have passed the qualifying examination (M.Ch /DNB) to work in Australia for an year or two. This will expose the new graduates to a new experience which will be useful when they return to India. The salary will be in the region of Aus$ 85000-100,000 (per year) depending on the seniority. There will be an additional A$ 50000 (per year) for overtime and call backs. The applicants are expected to have passed the AMC part 1 and have an IELTS or OETS. The latter is valid for two years. The Australian College of Surgeons does NOT encourage overseas students to join the training scheme to qualify for the Fellowship examination. This is a very recent trend.
Interested applicants please contact: Dr. Vidyasagar Casikar
E- mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
a) Tenure of the fellowship-3 weeks to 3 months.
b) Placement will be at premier institute in India
c) Candidates should be below 40 years and upto 5 years after qualification.
d) He should be a member of NSI at the time of application.
e) Maximum financial support will be offered to the selected candidates.
f) Placement will start from 1st of May, 2012. Please apply to Dr. Deopujari, Dr Banerji and Prof. V. Rajshekhar, Education Cell Conveners.
Apply to Dr. Deopujari, email: email@example.com
1. Number of Fellowship - 2 (Two)
2. Duration of the Fellowship - 3 Months/6 Months
3. Eligibility - Post M.Ch. / DNB Neurosurgery (3 years/ 5 years)
4. Salary - Appointment as Senior Research Officer – Medical (SRO - Medical) INR 62,000/- per month (inclusive of HRA),as per ICMR guidelines.
5. Workflow : - Development of Neurosurgery Skills Training Modules, Conduct Neurosurgery Skills Training and Cadaver Dissection Sessions and Neurosurgery Skills Training Workshops, Observership in Neurosurgery Operation Room, Department of Neurosurgery, AIIMS and Participation in Academic Program of Department of Neurosurgery, AIIMS.
6. Mode of Selection : CV’s shall be screened by a National Advisory Committee (NAC) endorsed by Indian Council of Medical Council (ICMR), (NAC-Consisting of Eminent Neuroscientist from all over India)
Principal Investigator : ICMR Project
Additional Professor, Department of Neurosurgery All India Institute of Medical Sciences, Ansari Nagar New Delhi-110029,India.
Phone No : 01126593538/9811479034
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org,email@example.com
12. Endoskullbase Mumbai fellowshipWe are happy to announce a 6 months to 1 year fellowship for a qualified neurosurgeons based mainly at the Bombay Hospital for endoscopic neurosurgery for the skullbase. Interested candidate can apply to Dr C. E. Deopujari on firstname.lastname@example.org or call on phone number : 022 -22087805 with a short CV for further details.
Fellowship in Pediatric Neurosurgery is available in Mumbai for a period up to 1 year for qualified neurosurgeons. Please write to Dr C. E. Deopujari on email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org
13. NSI fellowship
14. Fellowship in Paediatric Neurosurgery at Park Clinic Kolkata in collaboration with the Alder Hey Children Hospital, Liverpool, UK.